Cheese Ball Blitz
2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*
1 package (8 oz., 2 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped pimento
1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
Keebler® Town House Toppers® Original Crackers
walnuts for decorating (optional)
- In large bowl combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, pimento, green pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, cayenne and salt. Mix well.
- Shape into a football.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Decorate with walnuts and pimentos, if desired, and serve with crackers.
Recipe Source: Snackpicks.com
Cheez-It™ Game Day Guacamole
2 cups coarsely chopped onion , divided
2 large jalapeño peppers, seeded and cut into pieces , divided
6 cloves garlic, peeled , divided
8 medium ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped , divided
2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomato , divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice , divided
1 teaspoon salt , divided
1/2 teaspoon liquid pepper sauce , divided
1 cup sour cream*
Sunshine® Cheez-It® Original snack crackers OR
Sunshine® Cheez-It Duoz Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan
- In food processor bowl combine 1 cup of the onion, 1 of the jalapeño peppers and 3 cloves of the garlic. Cover and process until finely chopped.
- Add 4 of the avocados, 1 cup of the tomato, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper sauce to the onion mixture.
- Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping machine occasionally to scrape down sides. Transfer to large bowl.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 using the remaining onion, jalapeño pepper, garlic, avocados, tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper sauce. Stir into guacamole mixture in bowl.
- Evenly spread guacamole mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan. Smooth the top.
- Pipe sour cream on top of guacamole for yard lines and end zone. Arrange SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT ORIGINAL crackers on top of guacamole for end zone. Serve with additional crackers.
Do you have a tailgate recipe you and your family love that you would like to share on this blog? Please email it to us at email@example.com.